Our origins can be traced back to the mid-19th century when Victorian engineers began to supply water directly to people’s homes.
The Caterham Spring Water Company was founded, supplying water to Caterham, Coulsdon, Warlingham, Godstone, Bletchingley, Nutfield, Reigate, Redhill and Earlswood
The Sutton and Cheam Water Company began to supply water to the parish of Sutton
The Caterham Spring Water Company merged with the Kenley Water Company, creating the East Surrey Water Company
1910 to 1959
Various other mergers
Sutton District Water merged with East Surrey Water to form Sutton and East Surrey Water
Rebranded to SES Water