When you need extra support, we're here to help you.
Our Priority Services Register
The Priority Services Register (PSR) is free to join. It helps utility companies* like us look after customers who have health, access or extra communication needs and helps us tailor our services to support households who need extra help.
* Utilities include gas and electricity suppliers, the networks companies who transport energy to your home and meter operators and water and sewerage companies.
What is the Priority Services Register?
The PSR promise is made by all participating utility companies in England, Wales and Scotland. We promise to only share details as agreed with you, about your personal situation with our trusted partners/parties** so they can tailor their services to help you.
By sharing your details with trusted partners/parties, you’ll get extra support when you need it. For example, some customers - depending upon their circumstances - may be given priority if there’s an interruption to energy and water supply. We will always follow privacy laws and your PSR information will never be used for marketing.
Once you’ve joined, you may be contacted to make sure your details are accurate and up-to-date. This will make sure you we can give you the best support for your needs.
If anything about your situation changes you can tell your utility company and they’ll update your details. If you don’t want to be on the PSR anymore, just ask to be removed and they’ll do this for you.
(** Partners/parties include trusted charities such as the British Red Cross, who may assist during incident situations to support companies in safeguarding you and other household members).
Our Helping Hand Scheme
The services we can offer include:
- Individual notification in emergencies
- Braille, large print and audio/CD services
- Text Relay Service
- Home dialysis users and patients convalescing at home
- Password scheme to protect from bogus callers
- Nominated correspondent to speak on your behalf
- Financial assistance depending on different eligibility criteria